Saturday, October 05, 2013

Happy Birthday 2bbb Community Radio Bellingen.


Bellingen's Own Triple B FM Local Community Radio. Broadcasting LIVE across the shire on 93.3 and 107.3. Also available online at www.2bbb.net.au.
Mission
We have a commitment to:

Actively encourage participation and experimentation in all aspects of community radio operation by any and all community members, including individuals in such special groups as disabled, aged, housebound, youth, unemployed and sight disabled.

Serve as a channel for the communication and dissemination of information relevant to both the community's and the individual's needs and desires.

Provide comprehensive training in the various facets of broadcasting activities, and the facilities and opportunities to develop and utilise those skills for the benefit of the community.

Produce local news programs and programs of comment on local issues and events which allow participation by representatives of all points of view. Whilst the station's focus is local, its aim is to maintain a clear perspective, and position its coverage objectively and honestly, balanced against the wider backdrop of world events.

Identify and attempt to meet community needs and interests that are not adequately covered by existing media.vi) Register the community's cultural, recreational, education, social, artistic resources, and provide outlets for creative talent.

Promote and present a diversity of quality musical and cultural entertainment.

Provide for a variety in programming so that everyone finds something of interest at some time.

Promote community harmony.

Provide prompt, reliable emergency communications.
Description
2 Triple B FM is a fantastic little Community Radio station based in the wonderfully diverse and beautiful Bellinger Valley. Our team of dedicated volunteers have been broadcasting a wide range of engaging programmes on 93.3 and 107.3 fm for over 27 years. The Voice of the Valley....the Plateau, and the Seaboard!

SAM 8096 Mem Hall Bellingen
Memorial Hall Bellingen NSW
Bellingen Memorial Hall in Hyde Street Bellingen, what a wonderful venue for a party for a radio station.  I am sure this would have been perfect
 

I wanted to go but found I couldn't go alone as usual.  I miss out on so much being disabled this way.  It is my own doing and I will undo this the best I can.  Perhaps it is the memories that bring me undone and this is why I cannot face things alone. 

Montana and myself on air at 2bbb
I would have loved to have attended this with Montana and anyone that Montana cared to bring along to help celebrate this most awesome occasion.  I lifted a drink at home instead and thought about everyone having fun up at the Mem Hall.  I was there in spirit because my thoughts were there.


IMG 2902 Oz knit in for BALCOLMBE UK.
Dj Mezza LoL!
I love Radio,  I love Music,  I love talking, I love talking about subjects, I am not afraid to speak, I am happy when I do my radio show.

Images @ Eminpee Fotography
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: