Thursday, May 10, 2012

The Red was everywhere and it was good.

My God I love this place.  My hair dries quickly here as well.  But really it is just beautiful to be here and to smell the place.  It smells good and healthy and rich.  Like as if you made mud and wiped yourself you would be enlivened fully.

This is Nana.. and she dances

I drove around in the car with Nana and Aunty Alison and I got to know her a little closer.  She told me about trying to buy marbles for her grandsons and she said it was hard.  I would really love to be able to send marbles to the mission for the kids and let them have them easily like there neighbouring kids down the road at Yulara 20 klms away.

I suggested to Nana that if her grandson would not go to school then perhaps she could nicely bribe him to go with a marble each day he went instead of just giving him the entire bag at once.  My theory in this is that hopefully in the meantime while being promoted to go he will be successfully engaged into some sort of regular learning model.

Image by Mezza -  Nana Dancing at the Maracoola Arts Centre at Yulara NT
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: