Wednesday, May 09, 2012

An authentic travel and cultural experience

Ayers Rock Resort provides a variety of accommodation options for every possible taste and budget - from the premium Sails in the Desert Hotel, and Australian Tourism Award-winning Desert Gardens Hotel, to the self-contained Emu Walk Apartments, the authentic Outback Pioneer Hotel and Lodge, and the Ayers Rock Campground, offering powered campsites and air conditioned cabins.

Voyages Logo
 This was really good to find out everything about Voyages and Longitude 131°.  The budget accommodation would have suited me better but I stayed with Uncle Tom in the Emu Gardens Resort.  For all information regarding work or holidays at the rock go to this website for Voyages and check it out.
Resort and Tour Booking Office
 I would most certainly go back again tomorrow as the working conditions are superb for a start. There is so much opportunity for someone who just wanted to work.  I want to go back and stay with Aunty Alison and the opportunity and the invitation is there to do this.  I would love to go and help her and be her hands and feet for her for a good while longer than a couple of days.  I will write to her and phone her when I can.  I certainly loved the old sisters and I want to know how they are getting along in respite.

A Yarn with a friend about why the name change and calling it Uluru and not Ayers Rock etc.
My Friend speaking :
 Mary I'm not picking on anyone and as you know Max is part Koori and our best man was true Koori. Now, how come land can be called after the Koori people as they were known as nomads. Even I learnt that as school. We can't understand why that is all, maybe you or someone can answer this for me. No racism meant. Geeze it hard to talk of facebook, if you have a different opinion your the worst.
My answer:
The first part is easy... this was its original name before white man came...And there is no English explanation of this word in fact!  Which I find very interesting on another level as I think that its a secret and a well kept one with in a honourable people.  These Anangu People still do full ceremony there and there are few places as special as this one in the world to preserve the most original an antiquated culture in the entire world / I believe a culture straight from the stars themselves.. These beautiful people live such a weird life as they are thrust into the 21st century with us all. It was an experience in itself to be there and to feel this and to see it and smell it. It is a conquering nature that fights for a silliness about it being not called Uluru / the black-fella out there refers to it as Ayers rock resort that's all so it has its place / The resort and the town of Yulara is white fellah and so then there is Ayers rock resort.. does that answer my point of view on this... What you want to call it though is up to you.. Its like walking on the rock... Some people find that I am strange because I didn't walk or desire to walk on the rock / primarily it is respect for the people who ask all visitors not to walk on this most sacred place... We cannot wander all over the Opera house at will for free up the sails just coz we wanna / there are going to be laws in place soon as ppl must do it on their own accord and risk and there is no help for anyone so really it is very steep and quite silly and many have died doing this and Japan had a Tsunami after the bloke scattered the Japanese girls ashes off the rock / that probably invoked real bad energy and the earth returned with what she did! just saying!
My Friend speaking again:
yes sweet I can understand outback but I'm talking for the likes of places on the coast the same here saying it is so and so land. Don't ask me to spell any of it. I know Ayres Rock is sacred. I'm meaning other place my dad worked with them back in the old days and always said they move on. Hence the word walk about.
My answer once again and explanation of my point of view
Well they take a walk to do ceremony and its bad magick to not accept and go when asked.. its a way the white-fellah cant understand and in that they are honouring the earth and each other.. they dealt hard with law breakers and so that is why and so there is a lot to be said that the white fellah cant have it both ways! Now it seen as REAL BAD what they did in the past trying to kill out an entire culture that is Genocide.. Now what culture is left needs to be brought out into everyday language and recognised as such to preserve the truth and integrity of the land / the land being the most important part. There are many sacred dreaming places that have been decimated in the past but we should pull that behaviour up straight away. The indigenous people have some of the most beautiful places as sacred places and its not hard to tell why as those places are alive with spirit and that goes all the way to the coast as the story goes along the language groups and the dreaming lines etc.. there are very sacred places here in our back yard that are in fact connected to the Dreaming of the Anangu people as the Byamie moved across the land forming everything as he went.. turning up with the three of sisters being in the rock at the blue mountains etc... these are the sisters of the seven sisters which is integral in the dreaming stories on all of language groups.. So its not about out there and over here.. out there and over here is connected in a big way so it cannot be separated really!

Images by Mezza -
1. Voyages Ayers Rock resort owned by the ILC 2. Booking Offices
3. Old deadly Sisters who were going into respite.  I loved them.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: