Wednesday, June 11, 2014

The Use of Homeless Spikes

Homeless Spikes! I had never heard of them and I was horrified at such a lack of humanity.  I could barely believe what I was reading and the attitude people have toward those who have fallen on hard times in life.
The image was widely shared on Twitter (Andrew Horton/Twitter
From the Telegraph
Homelessness charities said the use of metal studs to prevent rough sleepers is widespread and they have been installed on ledges and in doorways for more than a decade.
I am going to keep my eyes open for this happening here in Australia.  I would not put it past Abbott and his heartless cronies to bring in such a law.  Perhaps they have already and I don't know about it yet.  Its like they bring in new laws now faster than any of us can keep up with.   I tend to think that even the most law abiding person would break the law these days unwittingly, its just that legislated.

Security spikes protect a gated community in t...
Security spikes protect a gated community in the East End of London. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
Its hard to believe that the world can treat their fellow man in such a degrading humiliating way in front of their peers by their peers for what?  Being poor?

IMG 8782
Sydney has many homeless people, I respected their dignity and didn't photograph them.
 

Images @ Eminpee Fotography
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: