Friday, May 30, 2014

Pleas for help up in Queensland go unheard.

This is a heart felt letter from a friend of mine who lives outside  Dalby on the Darling Downs now known mostly as the Surat Basin. The situation there is absolutely hardcore to live there. Here is Di Cumners letter.
I Am Sorry

To all the people who have fought for my homelands I am sorry. Not many of you are born and bred locals, I am. Four generations of my family have called the Western Downs home. You came here to make a home, and we all let you down. Your homes and your dreams, your health and your futures have been sacrificed by people I called neighbours all in the name of the mighty dollar. Greed came and took over peoples eyesight and hearts. They sat on their hands instead of standing and fighting with you. I also did not do enough, and for this I am so very very sorry. Please don't try to make me feel better by telling me I did act, or I did what I could because I did not. I did not do enough. I foolishly thought that I had.............

I have been active in the Anti CSG protest since the day I first heard about the plight of the people in Tara. I cant remember who or how I found out but it scared me into action right away. I could not understand how a government could allow this to happen, and why everyone was not screaming from the rooftops!
I now know why.
IMG 2359 Another Australian Shame - Tara Gas Hub QLD.
Tara Gas Hub
Images @ Eminpee Fotography
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: