Sunday, September 30, 2012

Stung by the splendour of a sudden thought. (It is Aunty Kay's Birthday)

Robert Browning.

Today I have been totally resourceful.  I have been busy doing all the things I love doing and doing it with absolute joy.  Joy because it is Aunty Kay's Birthday today and so I thought I would spend the day crocheting in honor of her.  Aunty Kay taught me to crochet when I was very young.  For this I am very grateful.  I have amused myself no end with this skill.

IMG 0376 The Craft Stuff

I have made some old fashioned jug covers and decorated these with beads on each of the star points.  They look very authentic indeed.  I am really proud of what they look like.  I have made four so far.  I am using a scrap of old curtain material that needed to be used.

I love using stuff that is bound to deemed rubbish by others,  These jug covers look awesome and the material is a remnant that was worth nothing at all.  I think I am all these things below and I am definately not the opposite having read this description.

Definition of being resourceful. 

Definition: bright, ingenious
Synonyms: able, adept, adroit, alert, apt, astute, brainy, brilliant, cagey, canny, capable, competent, crackerjack*, cunning, deep, dexterous/dextrous, discerning, egghead, expert, foxy*, gifted, good, handy, intelligent, inventive, keen, knowing, knowledgeable, many-sided, nimble, nobody's fool, pretty, pro, qualified, quick, quick on trigger, quick-witted, rational, resourceful , sagacious, savvy, sensible, sharp, shrewd, skilled, skillful, slick, sly, smart, sprightly, talented, versatile, wise, witty
Antonyms: awkward, foolish, idiotic, ignorant, naive, senseless, stupid, unclever
Read more

Images @ Melonpopzdropz Flickr

No comments: