Saturday, June 23, 2012

I am not a proud Australian, and this is a shame... a government shame!

The philosophic spirit of inquiry may be traced to brute curiosity, and that to the habit of examining all things in search of food.
~ W. Winwood Reade (1838–1875) ~

IMG_1910

  We come from ancient beginnings of hunting and gathering.  We took only what we needed for our family and ourselves.  There was a beautiful balance about this way of doing things where nature is concerned. 

Presently farming practices and mining practices have slumped to a level of degradation that is a shame and a blight on the people of the planet and especially Australia.  If I could walk out there and stop them I would.  I would be shot.  This is our civilization and I am not proud. 

I am not a proud Australian while ever the treatment of the indigenous people continues the way it does.  I am not a proud Australian while ever  the holes in the ground that are left like ugly pock marks on the skin of our land continue to scar her.  I am not a proud Australian while we use 35,million litres a day of ancient ground water for mining practices!



Xavier Rudd sings about this same thing in his new single Spirit Bird - Taking blood and Land.

Image by Mezza - Small craft under the bridge at Urunga
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: