Thursday, March 29, 2012

A day of Hunting and gathering off the hill

The horse and cart / Mafia staff car


The day had finally come, EEEKK there was no toilet paper left!  The tissue box was strategically placed in view in the loo.  This all meant one thing.  We have to go shopping.  Breathe deeply and face this,  Leaving the house for the both of us at once is always an ordeal.  Going shopping is difficult.  But we sat down and wrote the customary list .. I made two columns for the two supermarkets we were visiting.  Scoured the house for missing items and set off.



Woolworths (supermarket)Woolworths (supermarket) 

AldiAldi (Photo credit: Wikipedia)

We went to Aldi first and then to Woolworth's so this is the reason for two columns.  Aldi being the best place to buy lots of things like canned tomatoes and butter and sugar.  We get a tray of each of these and that is a lot in the trolley.




 We loaded this in to the car and set off down town for the rest of our stores for the next 3 months at Woolworth's. Its nice, there is undercover parking. On the way home we stopped for Subway and we went halves in a foot long.  I won't need dinner I thought.  I didn't either just as I thought.  They are very filling and a wonderful takeaway substitute to Macca's etc.  Fresh salads have to be better.



The impatient pooch
Coming home was fine till we got to  my own street corner.   I was yelled at by another driver and given the finger.  My nose had poked out too far at the give way sign.  It is a strange corner and it is not easy to see.  This was the reason for my cars placement as I don't flaunt the law.  I was feeling very crushed from this experience. 

We unpacked our huge days worth of shopping and sat down to a well needed cuppa and to get mauled by the dog who missed us as usual if both of us leave at once.

Images by Mezza - Unless otherwise specified
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: