Monday, October 24, 2011

9 Months just like a baby...

Garlic.

Mary's Garlic nearly ready for harvesting.

I have just taken the flowers from my garlic.  If you snip the flowers then much more power is sent to the finally making of the whole garlics just under the ground.  In approximately 3 and a half week I will havest this and hang it up to dry.

Garlic is so beneficial to everything.  Both for taste and health benefits.  Always reminds me of my friend Dean making us all eat half cloves whole and wash down with water.  Funny as .. I am not totally sure that ingesting it this way was totally health beneficial.

I have seen people's hands and arms peel and I have seen fingernails go blue from over touch of the active ingredients in the garlics natural oils.  Proof to me that it is certainly a potent gift from the creator of the universe and it is here for us to use freely!  Plant each year just at the end of summer and wait nine months!

Image by Mezza -  One of our tiny patches of Garlic almost ready.

No comments: