Sunday, March 20, 2016

The Medicine Hoop

IMG 2814  Sacred Fire Circle (Pilliga Push Camp)
Healing Circle Pilliga Push Camp

I am born on the lands known today in the world as Australia.  I have connections to the four directions.  Yesterday I spent the afternoon creating with circles which I had created from Wisteria canes I had cut and soaked a couple of weeks ago. 

I wove a beautiful wheel and wove three Australia Eagle feathers to the bottom. These feathers were a gift from Merve who I met a few years earlier at the Glenugie No CSG Protest.  I was so pleased with how it turned out and I hung this on the end of the front awning of my house to blow in the wind and to speak to all the people who pass by under this wheel and to heal those who gaze upon it, it is a symbol of the All.   It encourages us to take care of the Hoop of Life as well as our own personal hoop.  I believe this hoop is known as our Merkaba in other ancient cultures.  

Medicine wheels represent the alignment and continuous interaction of the physical, emotional, mental and spiritual realities.

Four Directions Medicine Wheel 


T
he medicine wheel has four divisions and four colors. Those colors symbolize the four sacred directions, the four seasons, the four stages of life, and the four colors of the four original races of people.  

The center is spiritual life, the tree growing from there is the tree of life, the green trees growing are to represent the Mother Earth, the sky is a thunder bird to represent the rain and water. The Medicine wheel is circular because everything in the universe moves in a circular motion. 

No comments: