Saturday, October 12, 2013

Bellingen joins in and protests with the rest of the world and says NO to GMO!

 People came from everywhere to be part of this and join with the rest of the world in saying no and this was reported in the Advocate 

Temporary photo till mine is up  by Tammy Mills-Thom
AROUND 100 marchers staged a street protest in Bellingen today as part of a world-wide movement in 52 countries.  

Activists are protesting against genetically modified organisms in general but their biggest individual beef is with multinational Monsanto. 

Bellingen Day of Action. March against Monsanto and other important local issues...
The people of Bellingen voice their horror at Councils motion to overturn a previous decision and grant a development application to a quarry in Dorrigo, allowing for a massive increase in truck movements on the extremely dangerous waterfall way mountain pass and down through Bellingen main street and past the high school. This could mean up 700 truck and trailer movements a week, or one every seven minutes. The people are putting pressure on council to have an independent engineering and safety report carried out on the impact to our roads and tourism industry, before work can begin.  From the About on Youtube.
Video work by John Considine of Gleniffer near Bellingen,  big thanks to John for his tireless efforts behind the camera always.
IMG 4584
Justin who has been here in this area for about six years. He was my neighbor.  From my observations of humanityI think he will have trouble with his children,  lets see how close to the mark I am.  I clearly saw this living next door.  Perhaps this is their issue.  They know I know, jeezus I can't help this, I do have ears and eyes, what can I do?
 The American chemical and agricultural biotechnological giant is the world's largest manufacturer of genetically engineered seed and fertilizers and is under increasing attack for attempts to "own" the world's food supply with it's products. 
Labor's Federal Electoral Council spokesperson in Cowper, Alfredo Navarro, said the evidence is growing of the dangers of dabbling with natural produce. "It starts when the genetically modified seed goes into the soil and is washed down with pesticide," he said. "Then animals consume the soy beans or corn or other crops as feed and then we consume those animals in the next stage of the food chain. 

"Because the technology is so new it's not until much later that we find out we've been consuming something that's a long way from what we thought we were getting." Mr Navarro said that apart from the dangers of changing genetic make-up, consumers have difficult finding out what products are affected.

"Monsanto is fighting against mandatory labelling of products to show the processes that got them to that stage," he said. "I believe consumers have every right to know where the products come from and what is in them. "It's very little to ask if consumers are to have a choice. 

"For any company to stand in the way gives me a strong indication there is something to hide and we are running a risk if they start disabling the natural order of food products."
IMG 4590
Petition table
I was accompanied by Suzanne and Merve at the march and for the weekend.   We had a lovely time and an educational time.  We listened to many great speakers and we caught up with people I had not seen for some time.  We even saw Simmo's Grand Child. 

I am glad I took my mat made of recycled plastic bags and it was such a hit with so many people.  Others just stared at it,  I could sense they wanted to say something or ask but because of their prior lack of sensitivity they probably sensed I was aware of their patronizing spirit. 

I am absolutely aware that it is difficult for those around me  that have audibly said too much in the past which was clearly unfounded and ungrounded and with out credence whatsoever.  There are levels in Bellingen, its always been this way! 


These same people who can no longer speak belong to the click as I prefer to call this, and they are perfectly aware of this fact and take themselves to have a  crude sense of betterment on others because of this.   I knew most of these people I saw.  Most still looked shocked again to see me.  Was I painted that bad by those who were so jealous in past times. 

Of course I didn't help myself in that three year period that I drank myself into oblivion after our marriage was over.    I was suffering an immense pain that was indescribably torturous to bear, alcohol may not be the best choice but it was legal and it was affordable at the time and it numbed me. 

Surely these same people do understand that 28 years of marriage over is not something to be sneezed at.  If they are that insensitive and brainless, Fuck them!   Let us see their sorry arses when their children find out about all the partner swapping they participate in these so called great parents get up to up the valley fair.  

I always say fair is fair.  If someone can tell my children a perverted version of my own events to cause havoc, then bring on the absolute truth for these people because their truth is way weirder than mine ever was!   That is word!  This is the bullshit that pervades this place and has done for as long as I have been around in the last thirty years in this area, nothing changes under the sun they say.  Nothing much changes in Bellingen.  The place attacts this type of arrogance with such a magnetic quality.   I would love to write more about this vibrational aspect down the track.  Some thing we attribute at "Bellingen Time".

Images @ Eminpee Fotography

No comments: