Sunday, January 27, 2013

We invoke the sacrifices of our fallen heroes in the abstract, but we seldom take time to thank them individually.

~ Rahm Emanuel ~

Last night at approximately 1.30am this Eucalyptus Tree came crashing down in our front yard.  It woke me with the death groan it made falling,  I was awake before it hit the ground.
The result of the fall was a tree across the road on the crest of the hill.   I had no telephone connectivity, it had gone with the tree.  
I thought for a minute and weighed up the consequenses and rang 000 and told them on my mobile phone there was a tree across the road and someone needed to help me to avert a fatality.


IMG 8489 Fallen Comrade
Our Fallen Tree
The tree looked to me like a fallen warrior,  for the three years we lived here I could feel the pain of this tree, its branches all contorted and twisted.   I had wondered how old it was,  I wonder even more now.
Flooding has increased all over the North Coast area and many are experiencing the worst flooding in white recorded history.  
The weather is going to hang around for a little while and the worst of the wind is yet to come.

Images @ Melonpopzdropz Flickr

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: