Thursday, May 31, 2012

We call upon the waters that rim the earth, horizon to horizon, that flow in our rivers and streams, that fall upon our gardens and fields, and we ask that they teach us and show us the way.

Native American Chinook Blessing Litany.  The Chinook Tribes are a small family of Indians inhabiting the lower Columbia River in Washington and Oregon in North America.

IMG 1136 Land Ho
Kalang River and Bellingen at Dusk in Urunga
Water has a memory.  It remembers where it is going and where it has been.  If there is anything magical on this planet then it has to be the substance water.  It is what our bodies are largely composed of as well. 

We become very sick if we become dehydrated.  We need water to survive.  The fishes and ocean dwellers need water as well.  We must look after the oceans and the rivers of our planet.  The life blood of her very existence is carried by the waters of the Earth.

When I was at Uluru, my lips felt swollen the entire time.  I thought this could be attributed to me being in a slightly dehydrated state as a norm.  I drank furiously while I was out there in Central Australia but to no avail at making my lips feel any better.  They felt quite fat. 

As soon as I was back in Sydney the feeling disappeared.  I think I  made a correct diagnosis.  The heat out at the rock is probably responsible for this as it is a dry heat and it draws hard down on you.   They constantly warn you to drink masses of water while you are there.  I did my best.

Image by Mezza - The Kalang and Bellinger flowing out near Urunga under darkness
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: