Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Let the birthday season begin...

On the hill today it was a day for celebrations.  Brice turned 46.  We made this special cake with his name on it and  he said he had never had a cake with his name on it before.
A couple of days ago it was Anaan's 17th Birthday and now Bricee's and then mine and Montana's birthday.  So you see it is a season of birthdays not to mention the many Gemini's as friends we all have.


I covered this Cup of Coffee cake with Dark Chocolate Ganache.  It was delicious but when I went to move it I broke a piece off the side.  I had to stick that piece back on the side.  It didn't matter because it still tasted brilliant.

I enjoyed making this cake for Brice.  It was a present for him from me and I made it myself.  I haven't done many cakes lately and it shows.  I was as rusty as hell.  I wish I had grand kids so that I could make cakes for them, that would be fun!

Image by Mezza - Brice and his cake 23rd May 2012

No comments: