Wednesday, April 18, 2012

20 years old and jailed for 35 years.. More crimes like this will be on the rise.

People and humanity and its weaknesses are in the spot light again.  This is now occurring after young 20 year old Jason Downie, killed his ex girlfriend and her parents in a jealous rage and admitted he should have thought about it.


He is now facing 35years in prison.  He said he was fuelled by jealousy that quickly turned to rage and he himself cannot even believe the reality of what he has done.  If this does not speak volumes about what is  happening to our young people as a result of this two bit crap society we are living in.  NO ONE should be surprised really.  I sort of feel for this kid. I totally feel for the girl's family as well.  He will have PTSD now from his own trauma as well.
Pretty much jealousy. I thought we had something on. When I learned when she was with Dylan, I wasn't happy. I pretty much got angry. Like I said to you before, I had nothing against the parents.   Triple killer Jason Downie
The Psychologist is spot on with his evaluation :

"The brother, he's lost obviously his whole family. Everyone's a victim in this, close friends and family, my family, the community, everyone. The only one that is not a victim is me.
"I'm not a good person. Obviously I got problems. The problems? I'm not too sure - don't know. I'll always think about the day of what happened and the consequences."
The psychologist said: "I asked Mr Downie what his motive was for the crime and he replied 'Pretty much jealousy. I thought we (Chantelle Rowe and Downie) had something on. When I learned when she was with Dylan, I wasn't happy. I pretty much got angry. Like I said to you before, I had nothing against the parents'."
The psychologist went on: "The community's response is to assume that the offender is a "monster" or seriously psychologically disturbed. The idea that an unremarkable member of the community can perpetrate such violence is unthinkable because it raises the possibility that all individuals are capable of violence.
"The reality is that Mr Downie's crimes are not the by-product of severe psychopathology but stem from the fallibility and flaws of the imperfect human condition (ie: biblical motives such as jealousy).
"He appears to have gone from infatuation to anger and resentment to homicidal rage, which led to a frenzied attack on the victims."
I see that Downey  is the  epitome of the product of the society we are living in.  This sort of crime will be on the sharp rise.  It already is.  Many very young people are now in custody as the result of using serious violence as a result of a situation that has gotten out of hand. It either gets out of hand in their head or in the moment.  I am really noticing this and being who I am it isn't a wonder as I noticed the warning signs some thirty years ago.

I feel  it will become decidedly worse as more doctors prescribe serious mind bending anti psychotic medications often from a misdiagnosis sending ever young people into a spiral of serious issues as the medication continues to play havoc on more and more people.  People just cannot be trusted to take medication well either.  We are human, how many woman have forgotten their pill and paid the price with an unwanted pregnancy.  Proof people do not mean to fail but they do.

The police respond with murderous and clumsy attitudes. They are trained to kill and not to maim. This is still something that mystifies me in this day and age.  As a society, we should be speaking out about this!  We should be demanding more of our force.  The men and woman who are carrying these weapons and who in charge of the carrying out of the law of the land and so on.  I, for one think this is appalling and it isn't safe for any of our children or our grandchildren.  It goes hand in hand as the kids are having more and more bad reactions to these medications and wind up finding themselves shot dead.  Some have even been tazored to death as well  and others have been left damaged by the police and their approach where primarily the person isn't a criminal but in fact a sick and a disabled person.

How is any of this fair?  Who may I ask is winning out of this?

The society as a whole has seriously let its young people down like this Jason Downey and his victims

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-04-18/kapunda-killer-jason-downie-motive/3957046
Image by Mezza - Pigeon in Nambucca Heads
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: