Thursday, February 16, 2012

Pickett Hill and Graft n Eruption

That was funny because lately all I have been thinking about is volcanoes near here. My young friend was wanting a name for an event and Graft N Eruption came straight to mind as a small play on words from Graft and corruption pun.   Anyway I hope that is a success for those fellahs up that way! It is all about the music and we must remember that and its so good to see that Malachi MC is following this principal in his business he loves.

Lately  I was fascinated with Pickett Hill.  I know now that it is a sacred place and young men are told to stay away! So I don't think that I will be going to close! If men are to stay away then why were the elder woman not respected at the meeting by national parks etc.  Very sad.


This hill still fascinates me though.  I am going to see a really big hill in May ... I am going to Uluru.  I live on a hill and this blog is called On the Hill.  I like hills.  I like high points.  Not sure if it is because I have experienced so many floods and this is the end result.

 
 For tomorrow the sun comes and goes like this on Fri Feb 17  
First Light 6:04am
Sunrise  6:28am
Sunset   7:34pm 
Last Light 7:59pm

Image by Mezza - Pickett Hill taken from Hungry Head.

No comments: