Sunday, November 06, 2011

My heart was taken by you, broken by you and now is in pieces because of you.


 On this day twenty nine years ago

After the wedding when we arrived home to Cooks Hill with all of our belongings from the beach and I laid down and worse luck for me I went to sleep and could not be roused.  I missed our Wedding dinner because I was asleep, so sunburned from the days celebrations in the burning sunshine.  I was in serious trouble from my then new husband and there wasn't much I could do about it. 

What does your new husband do when your dying on the bed of sunstroke... go out to dinner by himself and make you wear the consequences for the rest of the entirety of the relationship.


Urunga footbridge to the beach 2011

This image shows the footbridge that is near my home.  It is an easy, but long walk out to the beach.  I love the beach so much and this is why I chose to get married  on the beach so many years ago in 1982 at Susan Gilmore Beach in Newcastle.   Les Burnell and Kelvin Connell were our witnesses and we were married at 11.00 AM.   We spent all day till dark at the beach.  No wonder I was exhausted.

I was equally exhausted from the marriage itself some 26 years later and called it quits and got a divorce after a long and bitter battle over selling our family home.  I didn't want to sell it until our daughter Montana left high school and was safely organized into University or the like.  This was not to be the case and after being treated so poorly for my troubles I decided when I awoke that day that Divorce was definitely on the agenda  and I filed for divorce and was granted a decree nisi  a month later.

Image by Mezza - Foot bridge to the beach at Urunga ( Not Susan Gilmore)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Very nice article, thanks for more information.The food is very good The ambience of the hotel is very good Hotel staff is very good Price of food and drinks are very nominal compared to other 5 stars Suggest one if in ranching should be here and check out the hotel
ac marriage halls in chennai