Saturday, November 12, 2011

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways. I love thee to the depth and breadth and height


 My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight
For the ends of Being and ideal Grace.
I love thee to the level of every day's
Most quiet need, by sun and candle-light.
I love thee freely, as men strive for Right;
I love thee purely, as they turn from Praise.
I love thee with a passion put to use
In my old griefs, and with my childhood's faith.
I love thee with a love I seemed to lose
With my lost saints, -  I love thee with the breath,
Smiles, tears, of all my life!  -   and, if God choose,
I shall but love thee better after death

Elizabeth Barrett Browning.  1806 - 1861 

 The year ten classes at Bellingen High celebrated their formal on the 11.11.11.  I didn't want to see Montana or her dress because I wasn't allowed to go to the Clapper's with her and I wanted to go so badly and so I must punish myself now because I was not good enough to even be allowed to talk to her if I attended.  Under that guise I didn't think I could do it alone.  So I missed out on seeing her at these awards.  I was so proud of her too.  So my heart is just breaking even more each day and I don't think I can stomach much more pain in my earthly body.

Image - Anchor's Wharf Cafe Urunga NSW Australia.

No comments: