Friday, November 02, 2012

Just Plarning away!


So now I am fully obsessed with Plarn..

IMG 5579 Plarning a Mat
Plarn is very simply, Plastic Yarn.  It is made from plastic singlet shopping bags.  There are literally millions of these in the world and we need to use these up and make useful things from them and not let them go to land fill.  They make bio-degradable ones nowadays, but there are still a lot of these that are not the type that break down. 
I have now used up every white bag  I had in the house.  So now I am out hunting white bags in other peoples stashes.  So if you have some white ones, drop them at my place and I will make very good use of these.

I love doing this so much that I was plarning away while doing my radio show at 2bbb tonight as well.  That is how much I  love this.  I really do want to reduce the amount of useless bags there are.  This will not eliminate them from the world but it will make use of the ones that are already here and render them useless to being a weapon on sea-life.
English: Shopping bag, one of 350 different pr...
English: Shopping bag, one of 350 different products made of plastic sachets and produced by Trashy Bags in Accra, Ghana (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
Images by Melonpopzdropz Flickr  PLARN MAT pictured above
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: