The house was originally called Rowallan and was owned by the Muir family on Kedron Park Road before it became the Diamantina Receiving Depot.
In 1897 it was a boys home from Sth Brisbane moved to here as it was the Boys Home before relocating to become the Ennogera Boys home on land at Ennogera.
In 1931 Wooloowin State Children's Home was also known as the Diamantina Receiving Depot and Infants' Home. It became known as the Warilda Receiving and Assessment Centre in 1967 and closed its doors in 1989. It is now a Conference Centre.
Images @ Eminpee Fotography