Saturday, January 28, 2012

Next to temperance, a quiet conscience, a cheerful mind, and active habits, I place early rising as a means of health and happiness. - Flint



Looking out over the back garden at dawn!

 Morning is the best of all times in the garden.  The sun is not yet hotSweet vapors rise from the earth.  Night dew clings to the soil and makes plants glisten.  Birds call to one another.  Bees are already at work.        William Longgood

http://www.gardendigest.com/morning.htm

Always I love to get up early and work in the garden before the heat comes about.  Working and seeing the sun rise is a gift that not all see or even appreciate.  Some are literally horrified at the thought that they should rise and see the dawning of the day.

I for one would be lost if I did not arise from my sleep each day to gaze upon the day and all of its beauty and the prospect of what the day will bring.  Each day is a great day here on the hill.  Today I heard from my friends Dean and Leanne at the Gold Coast.  She isn't working at the moment and so it is great to hear all of her family and  her grandchildren are all well.

Related articles

Image by Mezza - The Backyard at Morgo Street Urunga at dawn
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: